Last Chance to book your Autumn Covid Booster
This week is your last chance to book an appointment for your Autumn Covid booster vaccination.
The National Booking System will close its booster listing this Friday, 15th December.
If you are eligible and have not yet had a booster, we strongly encourage you to strengthen your immunity this Winter.
You can also book by calling 119 for free, where translation services are also available.
For anyone with difficulties communicating or hearing, you can use textphone 18001 or the NHS 119 British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter service.
Who is eligible?
If you are in one of the following groups, you will be eligible:
- Residents in care homes for older adults.
- All adults aged 65 years and over.
- People aged six months to 64 years in a clinical risk group.
- Frontline health and social care workers.
- People aged 12 to 64 years who live with people with immunosuppression.
- People aged 16 to 64 years who are carers, and staff working in care homes for older adults.
As we discussed in our summer vaccine series, fast-replicating viruses like COVID and flu need regular top-ups to protect us against new strains of illnesses.
Viruses spread more quickly in colder weather, and with Winter well and truly here, it’s vital we protect ourselves and the most vulnerable people in our communities.
After the end of this week, it will still be possible to get a booster by visiting a walk-in vaccination clinic. But these clinics will only be available until the end of January.
You can find walk-in sites through both the NHS and Newcastle City Council websites.